Spring has sprung and everyone is dying to get out into the garden. I don’t know about you, but I have plenty of things on my to do list to keep me busy. Even if it’s too early to start planting, there are lots of things you can do to get a jump on the gardening season.
Spring Gardening Checklist:
- Finish planning the vegetable garden
- Fill bird feeders
- Clean out bird houses
- Turn on ponds and fountains, and put heaters away
- Set up rain barrels
- Pot up seedlings
- Start annual seedlings
- Start hardening off seedlings
- Build new raised beds
- Clean and organize garden tools
- Start pulling out hoses and other garden stuff
- Clean pots and get them ready for summer planting
- Do some early spring pruning of shrubs like rose bushes
- Buy potting soil
- Order compost and mulch
- Repot root-bound houseplants
- Propagate succulent cuttings
Whew. Spring sure is a busy time of year for gardeners. I know it is for me!
More Spring Gardening Posts
- When To Rake Your Lawn In The Spring
- How To Trim Tree Branches: A Step-By-Step Guide For Beginners
- Pruning Your Plants And Trees In The Spring
- How Do Rain Barrels Work?
- Spring Garden Clean Up Checklist
What’s on your spring gardening checklist?