Whether it be for her birthday, Christmas or the holidays, or if you’re looking for Mother’s Day garden gift ideas, mom is hard to shop for! Especially when she’s a gardener an you’re not. If you’re looking for that perfect gift, look no further! She’s sure to love anything that you get her from list of gardening gifts for mom.
If your mom seems to have everything, then check out this list of unique gift ideas for a gardening mom. I’m willing to bet you’ll find more than one thing on this list that your mom doesn’t already have.
Unique Garden Gifts For Mom
1. Kitchen Compost Bucket – This stainless steel compost bucket holds one gallon, which makes it the perfect size to keep in the kitchen – and it looks great too! It also has a carbon filter to help contain odors. The handle makes it easy for mom to carry the kitchen scrapes out to the compost bin once it’s full.
2. Table Top Potting Tray – This heavy-duty tray turns any table into a plant potting station! It’s lightweight and has a small shelf for placing gardening tools while mom repots her plants or seedlings. The tall sides contain the mess, and it’s portable too, which makes it easy for mom to transport things, like a bunch of newly potted up seedlings.
3. Soil Moisture Gauge – A soil moisture meter gauge will help your mom take the guesswork out of whether or not she should water her plants. It works great outside in the garden, or indoors for houseplants. No more overwatering her plants! Plus, it doesn’t need batteries!
4. Flower Pot Bristle Brush – This flower pot brush is not only cute, it’s durable too! It will allow mom to clean any type of flower pot, including plastic, clay or ceramic. The strong bristles work great for cleaning off all the caked on dirt and grime.
5. Cast Iron Hose Guides – These cute and functional hose guides are a life-saver! Mom can place them around her garden to make sure the water hose doesn’t damage her delicate flower beds. Plus they’re decorative, so they will look nice her garden too.
6. Wooden Garden Trug – This nice garden trug is amazing, cute, and so versatile. It’s perfect for mom to use while she’s harvesting vegetables, and she can quickly rinse off any soil before bringing them into the house. It’s also great for carrying her tools around the garden with her while she works, or collecting fresh cut flowers.
7. Drip Irrigation Watering Kit – What makes this drip irrigation kit awesome is that it connects directly to an outside faucet. It only takes about 30 minutes to set up, and your mom will be able to water 8 potted plants at once. Bonus, you can install it for her and hook it up to an automatic garden hose timer to make watering her containers hands-off all summer!
8. 5 Tier Vertical Garden – If your mom has a small space and would love to plant herbs or salad greens, this stackable planter will be a hit. She can even plant strawberries, succulents, or small flowers in it if she wants. There’s a total of 5 stackers and 20 planters so she can grow a whole lot of plants with very little space.
9. Potted Plant Caddy – I don’t know about you, but I don’t want my mom (or my dad) lugging around heavy potted plants! This plant caddy is really durable and can hold up to 500lbs easily. It’s perfect for moving large plants, and saving mom’s back.
10. Mini Garden Colander – This garden colander is awesome to carry and clean items from the garden. It’s cute and flexible, and makes it easy for mom to rinse off the vegetables from the garden before bringing them inside. Your mom can even use it as a stylish carrier at the Farmer’s Market if she wants.
11. Gardening Kit For Mom – If your mom has a small space and would like to garden, this all-in-one garden kit is the perfect gift for her! She can garden from her windowsill, deck, or even indoors.
Nice Gardening Tools For Mom
Looking for even more gardening gift ideas for mom? Buy her some shiny new tools! Below you will find an excellent list of gardening tools for mom. These are some of my favorite tools that I use in my garden every day. Trust me, they will make your mom’s life so much easier!
12. Hori-Hori Knife – The Hori-Hori garden knife has both straight and serrated edges. It’s perfect for allowing mom to easily divide plants and cut through roots. It also has inch markings on the blade so your mom can be sure she’s planting her bulbs and seedlings at the perfect depth. This multi-purpose tool is also great for quickly cutting open bags of dirt and mulch.
13. Corbrahead Weeder – They call the Corbrahead weeding tool a “steel fingernail” because it is perfect for weeding and digging. This tool was created by gardeners to be comfortable to use and can handle all the nasty weeds in the garden. It’s the best weeding tool I’ve ever used, and every gardener should have one. If mom doesn’t have this one yet, you need to get it for her!
14. Micro Snip Pruner – This snipper earned the Arthritis Foundation’s Ease of Use Commendation! It’s non-stick and perfect for trimming plants. Mom can use it for pruning houseplants indoors, or take it outside to the garden with her.
15. Ikea Watering Can – I LOVE this watering can! It’s decorative and slimmer than most watering cans but still gets the job done. Plus it’s super cute, so your mom won’t have to lug around a big ugly watering can anymore. Perfect for using indoors or out!
16. Tool Sharpener – This all-in-1 sharpener is perfect for sharpening all of mom’s garden tools. Seriously, this thing is awesome. Mom can use it to give new life to her dull tools, or as a bonus YOU can do the job for her. Think of how happy she’ll be once she sees all of her gardening tools are sharpened and ready to go.
17. Felco Pruners – If your mom is in need of new pruning shears, look no further than the Felco Pruners. The blades are made out of high-quality hardened steel and they are replaceable. These are the best of the best, and worth every penny!
18. Power Assist Wheelbarrow – This power wheelbarrow is battery operated and can carry up to 200lbs. With its simple pushbutton to move forward and reverse, it is perfect so mom can easily haul loads of soil, heavy bags of mulch or plants all around the yard. Any gardening mom would be thrilled to get this as a gift!
19. Hand Truck – A hand truck may sound like a strange gift for someone who loves gardening. But it’s perfect to help mom easily move all of the gardening stuff she needs to, like heavy potted plants or bags of dirt, without hurting her back. It’s versatile so she could even use it in the house if she wants. This one is super lightweight (only weighs 9lbs), and it has fully retractable wheels.
20. Gardening Gloves With Claws – For the mom that likes to dig into the ground with her hands, the Garden Genie Gloves will change how she gardens. Waterproof and puncture proof, she’ll be able to work in the soil without tools, while keeping her hands clean!
Gardening Books For Mom
When looking for gardening gift ideas for mom, don’t forget about gardening books. They make wonderful presents, and will allow mom to learn, dream and plan her garden any time of the year. Here are some of my favorite titles that mom would love…
- Vertical Vegetables – A wonderful book for mom to learn how to grow her veggies vertically, and keep dad busy building all of the beautiful projects that are in the book. (and it happens to be written by yours truly!)
- The Perennial Matchmaker – This nice book will help your mom figure out what perennials pair perfectly with other plants to help her take her flower garden to the next level.
- Perennial Combinations – This book has 130 of the best flower combinations that feature two to six plants for each grouping.
- The Well-Tended Perennial Garden – The new expanded version of this gardening book has even more information to learn about garden plants. This is one of the most useful tools any gardening mom can have.
- Veggie Garden Remix – This book is amazing! Your mom will learn so much about different vegetables from around the world, and get inspired to grow something new and unique.
- Container Gardening Complete – If your mom loves to grow plants in containers, she needs this book. It’s the complete guide to successfully garden in containers, and has tons of projects and inspiration too.
- Raised Bed Revolution – One of the latest trends in gardening is raised bed gardening. This detailed guidebook will help any mom wanting to learn all about it, with tons of projects that she could build too.
- Wicked Plants – Wicked Plants is a fascinating read about toxic plants. This is a great introduction to the mom who likes to venture into the woods and discover new plants.
- Medicinal Herbs – If your mom loves to find alternative ways to treat burns and headaches, she will love this guide to Medicinal Herbs.
- The Drunken Botanist – This is another interesting read about how your favorite cocktail started as a plant.
- Garden Made – If mom loves crafting and gardening, this book will be perfect for her! It blends the fun of crafting with the joys of gardening. And there are tons of projects that will inspire your mom, and keep her busy all season long!
If you ask me, mom is the hardest person to buy for. I hope that this list of gardening gifts for mom has given you lots of ideas for awesome presents to get her.
Otherwise, if you’re still looking for more, I’ve got a ton of other gift ideas for garden lovers for you! Check out these gardener gift guides for even more inspiration…
More Gift Ideas For Gardeners
- 20+ Awesome Gifts For Gardeners
- 20+ Fantastic Gifts For Organic Gardeners
- 15+ Indoor Gardening Gift Ideas For Plant Lovers
- Fabulous Gifts For The Gardener Who Has Everything
- 15 Christmas Stocking Stuffers for Gardeners
- 25+ Excellent Gardening Gifts For Dad
- Tips & Ideas For Giving Plants As Gifts
Share your ideas for the best gardening gifts for mom in the comments section below.