Whether it be for his birthday, Christmas, the holidays, or if you’re looking for Father’s day garden gifts, look no further. You can’t go wrong with this list of gardening gifts for dad, he’s sure to love them all.
It can be so tough to find the perfect presents for dad, especially when he says, “I don’t want anything.” Come on, dads, help us out a little! If you are looking for the perfect gardening gifts for him, but don’t have a lot of guidance, this handy gift guide has your back.
Excellent Gardening Gifts For Dad
- Soil Test Kit – A soil test kit is perfect for the dad that likes to be precise and scientific in his garden. It is super easy to use and helps your dad figure out exactly what nutrients his garden needs.
- Rain Gauge – A lot of dads like to geek out about how much rain their garden gets, so a rain gauge would be the perfect gift for him. This easy to read rain gauge measures up to 5 inches of rain. It has a really cool design that magnifies numbers when it fills with water. Your dad can even mount it to a post or stake it in his garden.
- Digital Hose Timer – Digital hose timers are amazing! All your dad needs to do is set up the watering interval and the duration of how long to water his garden. And voilà, he no longer has to worry about whether or not he watered the garden! He could also it hook up to a drip irrigation system to make watering containers or the garden even easier.
- Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer – An outdoor/indoor thermometer is a great gift for the dad who likes to obsess about the weather. Not only does it display the current temperature both inside and outside, but it also displays the humidity percentage.
- Outdoor Wall Thermometer – For the dad that loves to always know the temperature outside, this outdoor wall thermometer will be a big hit. It’s large and easy to read so he can hang it in his garden and see it from a distance. So, when he wants to know what the temperature is, he can just look out the window.
- Rain Barrel – Rain barrels are a great gift for your conservation savvy dad. This rain barrel is made from a food grade drum, which means it produces safe water for all your plants. The water spigot on the barrel connects to a standard garden hose, so your dad can water his garden directly from the barrel.
- Leaf Scoops – One of the biggest pains of raking leaves is trying to get them into the trash bag. These awesome hand leaf scoops help to save time and frustration for dad when he’s cleaning the yard. They also protect your dad’s hands from needles and sharp items, and would work great for cleaning up the garden too.
- Time Lapse Camera – Your dad will have tons of fun using this time lapse camera to record what’s happening in his garden while he’s away. He can create a time lapse video of setting up his garden, or a project he’s working on around the house. He can even use it to find out what critters are feasting on his garden plants, or destroying the bird feeders when he’s not looking.
- Bucket Garden Tool Organizer – If your dad is constantly carrying (ehem, losing) multiple tools around the garden, a bucket garden tools organizer is the perfect gift for him. It slips easily over most 5 gallon buckets and is durable for all holding all of his stuff. Your dad will never lose his gardening tools again (well, maybe we won’t go that far!).
- Garage Garden Tool Organizer – Garden tool organizers are a great addition to your dad’s garage or garden shed, and will help him keep all of his long handled garden tools organized. It easily holds over 40 tools. There are three different options to help you find the best storage organizer for your dad’s space.
- Humzinger Hummingbird Feeder – If your dad loves hummingbirds, the Humzinger Feeder is the perfect gift for him! It is easy to clean and has multiple perches so he can watch hummingbirds feed together. Plus it’s wasp-proof, so no more nasty yellow jackets all over the feeder – humming birds only.
Cool Gardening Tools For Dad
Looking for even more great gardening gifts for dad? What dad wouldn’t love some shiny new tools?! Here you will find an excellent list of hard-core gardening tools for dad. These quality gardening tools make excellent presents for dads.
Plus, not only will they make his life easier, they’ll also make him look really cool too! He’ll be happy, and all the neighbors will be jealous.
- Garden Weasel – The Weasel Garden Claw saves your dad’s back when he needs to aerate or weed his garden. All he has to do is stand over the area and turn the handle. The claw garden tool works great for any sized raised garden beds too. He can even use it for uprooting those nasty weeds in his flower beds.
- Stand Up Weeder – You know how those annoying dandelions that pop up all over the yard drive your dad crazy. Well, weeding has never been more fun than with this stand up weeder. It grabs weeds out by the roots, and your dad can place them directly in a trash can. He can use it to remove weeds from the garden and from the lawn.
- Hori Hori Knife – The Hori-Hori is a great multi-purpose tool for your dad’s garden, and has tons of uses. With both straight and serrated edges, it is perfect for cutting through roots, digging out weeds, or opening bags of mulch and dirt. It even has inch markings on the blade so your dad will know what depth he is planting his seeds and garden plants. Plus it will make him look really cool.
- Pitchfork – A pitchfork is great for moving a variety of items around your dad’s garden. It can also be used to clear old mulch from around his plants, for spreading new mulch, or for turning the compost pile. This pitchfork has steel tines that have been tempered to last.
- Corbrahead Weeder – The Cobrahead weeding tool is the best for handling all the nasty weeds, and uprooting grass that’s creeping into the garden. It has been nicknamed a “steel fingernail” because it is the best tool for weeding and digging. It was designed by gardeners, so you know it’s legit.
- Tool Sharpener – It’s important for dad to keep all of his tools sharp and ready to use, so getting him this for sharpening garden tools would be perfect. This one will sharpen all of your dad’s garden tools, as well as other items around the house. It’s perfect for pruners, knives, shears, and axes…etc.
- Weed Torch – If your dad likes to take his gardening to the extreme, this weed torch is the perfect gift for him. It connects to a propane tank, so he can easily torch weeds along the edge of his driveway, or use it to light his charcoal grill. Take that weeds!
- Felco Pruners – Felco Pruners are a great gift if your dad is in need of upgraded pruning shears. The blades are made out of high-quality hardened steel, and they’re replaceable. These pruners really are top-of-the-line and will last your dad a very long time.
- Leaf Blower – A leaf blower is not only great for cleaning leaves off the grass in the fall (no more raking!), but it’s also handy for cleaning off the deck and patio, and even blowing all the dust and grime out of the garage or garden shed. This battery operated leaf blower is amazing, and best of all… it’s cordless! It has variable speeds and its performance will rival any gas engine leaf blower.
- Power Assist Wheelbarrow – The power wheelbarrow can carry up to 200lbs and is controlled by a simple pushbutton. Since its battery operated, your dad can easily haul heavy pavers, soil, rocks or mulch around the yard and his garden without breaking a sweat.
Gardening Books For Dad
As you’re looking for gardening gifts for dad, don’t forget about books. There are tons of great gardening books out there that will give dad plenty of ideas and step-by-step projects to keep him busy. Here are some of my favorites…
- Vertical Vegetables: Simple Projects that Deliver More Yield in Less Space
- Raised Bed Revolution: Build It, Fill It, Plant It … Garden Anywhere!
- The Complete Composting Gardening Guide
- The Pruning Answer Book
- The Backyard Homestead Book Of Building Projects
- Epic Tomatoes
- The Vegetable Gardener’s Book of Building Projects
Dads are hard to shop for, especially when he’s a gardener are you’re not! I hope that you have found tons of gardening gift ideas for dad on this list.
But don’t worry if you didn’t find anything you like here. I have a ton of other gift guide for gardeners that will give you even more ideas for what to get dad…
More Gift Ideas For Gardeners
- 20+ Awesome Gifts For Gardeners
- Fabulous Gifts For The Gardener Who Has Everything
- 20+ Fantastic Gifts For Organic Gardeners
- 15+ Indoor Gardening Gift Ideas For Plant Lovers
- 20+ Unique Gardening Gifts For Mom
- 15 Christmas Stocking Stuffers for Gardeners
- Tips Ideas For Giving Plants As Gifts
Share your top picks for the best gardening gifts for dad in the comments section below.