Cream cheese fruit dip is quick easy to make with this recipe, and it’s so yummy.
In this post I’ll show you exactly how to make it with 4 common ingredients, including detailed step by step instructions.
This cream cheese fruit dip recipe is delicious, and so simple to whip up in only 10 minutes or less.
It’s great when you have a craving for something sweet, and compliments all types of fresh fruit wonderfully.
Use it for a quick snack, serve it on an appetizer or charcuterie tray, or enjoy it as a healthy dessert.
Below I’ll show you exactly how to make your soon-to-be favorite recipe for fruit dip with a cream cheese and yogurt base, step by step.
Table of Contents
Homemade Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
This homemade cream cheese fruit dip is thick and creamy, and will satisfy your craving without all the guilt.
It’s so much better than any store-bought versions (which are usually full of sugar and other additives), and you control the ingredients.
The natural sweetness comes from honey, with a touch of cinnamon to enhance all of the flavors on your palette.
How To Make Fruit Dip With Cream Cheese
Not only does this cream cheese fruit dip taste great, you’re going to love just how quick and easy it is to make too.
All you need are 4 common ingredients, and you might even have them on hand already.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Recipe Ingredients
With only a handful of ingredients you will be on your way to a new recipe in minutes. Here are the ingredients, with a few substitutions if you want to try different options.
- Whipped cream cheese – This is the base of your fruit dip, and gives it a subtle tangy flavor. I prefer whipped, because it’s smoother and easier to blend. If you want to use a block you can. But make sure to let it sit out at room temperature until it’s soft to make blending easier, and the base smoother.
- Vanilla Greek yogurt – This adds thickness and richness to the recipe. You could sub for any other type of yogurt, although it may result in a thinner texture. I like the vanilla flavor, but you could use plain Greek yogurt instead.
- Honey – This adds natural sweetness and gives the dip a thicker texture. You can experiment with using less or more depending on your sweetness preference. You could also swap this for pure maple syrup.
- Cinnamon – Adds nice warm and earthy undertones to the mixture, complimenting the other flavors. It’s optional, so if you prefer not to use it you can skip it.
Tools & Equipment Needed
You don’t need any fancy equipment to make this recipe, just a few common items that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Tips For Making Cream Cheese Dip For Fruit
This recipe is very straightforward to make. But here are a few tips to keep in mind before you create your own, to ensure you’ll have the best possible results.
- Ensure the cream cheese is fully ready – Don’t try blending a cold, hard cream cheese block, or the end result will be lumpy. Let it warm to room temperature first.
- Prepare your fruit later – If you are planning to create an appetizer or dessert tray, prepare the dip before cutting your fruit, or wait until right before serving it. In addition, you can toss your fresh fruit in 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice to further prevent browning for a more eye-appealing presentation.
- Less is more – I suggest starting with the amount of honey I recommend the first time you make this recipe. If it doesn’t seem sweet enough, add more in ½ teaspoon increments. Or if it’s too sweet, decrease it by half next time, then you can increase it slowly until you find your perfect amount.
Using & Storing Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
This cream cheese dip is delicious with any of your favorite fruits, such as berries, bananas, apples, melons, kiwi, and more.
Or you could use it as a healthier option for dessert, by adding some graham or other sweet crackers or cookies to your presentation.
Because it contains dairy, don’t let it sit out for more than 3 hours at a time. You can store it covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
If you enjoy a yummy cream cheese dip to snack on with fresh fruit, you will love this simple and quick recipe. It has fantastic flavor, and a perfectly smooth texture that will melt in your mouth.
If you’d like to learn how to make the most of your space and get as much homegrown food as possible, then my Vertical Vegetables book is perfect! It will teach you all you need to know, has tons of gorgeous photos, and includes 23 DIY projects you can build for your own garden. Order your copy today!
Learn more about my Vertical Vegetables book here.
More Garden Fresh Recipes
Share your favorite cream cheese fruit dip recipe in the comments section below.