You probably don’t know this about me, but I’m a bit of a fashionista! I follow my fair share of fashion blogs and love looking at all the pretty things. I especially love the “what’s in my bag” type posts. You know, the ones where they take out everything in their bag or purse on a whim and show you what’s in there. I don’t know, it’s some voyeuristic human-nature thing I guess. Or a fun game like they do on the show “Let’s Make A Deal” – “I’ll give you $500 if you have a nail clipper in your purse.” Haha!
Related Post: Holiday Gift Ideas For Gardeners
So, I thought it would be fun to do a “what’s in my gardening bag” post (yes I have a gardening bag, of course I do! Although it’s not as cute as I’d like) and share with you what I currently have in my bag. I’m gonna be real with you here, I haven’t opened my garden bag for a few weeks and I’m not exactly sure what’s in there. But that’s the whole part of the fun! So, here’s what’s in my gardening bag today…
- Not one but THREE pairs of garden clippers. Haha, a girl can never have enough!
- Shears, just in case the three pairs of clippers malfunction, you always need a pair of shears as a backup! Am I right?
- My garden bag was a Christmas gift that I got a few years back. It’s a Smith & Hawkins bag made of green canvas. Like I said, it’s not as cute as I would like, but it’s functional and has lots of space inside for harvesting too.
- I don’t go anywhere without my cobrahead weeder. It’s one of my most essential gardening tools.
- These trowels were a gift from Troy-Bilt, and they are now one of my favorites! High quality and easy to use.
- Twine? Dang right! Actually, this twine has been in my bag since earlier this spring when we tied off our community garden plots to keep people from helping themselves to our crops (a problem we’ve been having since last year).
- Yep, those are seed pods! I’ve been busy collecting seeds this fall as usual. This particular one (which I apparently missed when I last cleaned out my bag) is a lupine seed pod.
- Plant tags. LOL! I’ve been pulling out the tags as I’ve been pulling out plants this fall. Oops, I think I need to do a better job of keeping my garden bag cleaned out.
- My gardening gloves (well, one of the many pairs of gardening gloves I have!). Nothing exciting to see here.
- Hubbies gardening gloves. Proof that we’ve been busy this fall, right?
Ok, I guess that’s it. Well, all this …and lots of dirt, but I won’t show you that (haha!).
You Might Also Enjoy These Posts…
- Want An Easy Way To Find Plants For Your Garden? There’s An App For That!
- Troy-Bilt JET Leaf Blower: The Coolest Kid On The Block!
- Sharpen Pruning Shears For The Perfect Cut Every Time
- Pruning Your Plants And Trees In The Spring
I showed you mine, now you show me yours! What’s in your gardening bag (or tote, or box, or bin, or… whatever you have)?