One of the most common requests I get as the garden harvests start rolling in are readers asking for food canning recipes! Whether you’re overwhelmed with tomatoes, swimming in cucumbers, or up to your eyeballs with green beans… canning is one of the best ways to preserve the food you grow in the garden.
One of the most satisfying things about canning the food you grew in your garden is being able to open a jar of tomatoes from your garden to make spaghetti sauce from scratch. Or cracking open a jar of homemade salsa from the garden in the middle of the winter. Home canned vegetables taste so much better than the stuff you buy at the store.
If you’ve been searching for food canning recipes so you can preserve your harvests, I have 24 awesome ones for you to try!
24 Food Canning Recipes That Will Keep You Busy
I’ve been canning for a few years now, and many of my favorite recipes come from the Ball Blue Book Guide To Preserving. I highly recommend that book, it contains a ton of recipes for all kinds of foods. It’s also nice because it also shows you how to can food. So if you’re a newbie, that’s a great place to start. There are also tons of excellent food canning recipes around the web, but searching for good ones can be overwhelming. So, below I have collected 24 awesome recipes from around the web to help you out.
Food Canning Recipes For Vegetables
I’ve broken my list down into two groups. This first group are recipes for canning vegetables from your garden. I find that the most common foods that people want canning recipes for are tomatoes, pickles, green beans and (the most common request) salsa canning recipes!
Canning Crushed Tomatoes
Canning Tomato Sauce
Recipes For Home Canning Pickles and Relishes
- Bread and Butter Pickles by Grow A Good Life
- Super Easy Dill Pickles by Town And Country Living
- Million Dollar Pickle Cucumber Relish by That Bloomin’ Garden
Food Recipes For Canning Green Beans
Recipes For Making And Canning Salsa
Almost every time I post a photo of some of my home canned salsa on social media, someone asks me for the recipe. Well, the great news is that a few of my favorites are posted on the internet – which I’ve shared in the list below (you’ll just have to buy the Ball Blue Book Guide To Preserving to get the rest of them).
- Tomatillo Salsa Recipe by Ball Canning
- Zesty Salsa Recipe by Ball Canning
- An Oregon Cottage’s Favorite Salsa For Canning
Food Canning Recipes For Other Vegetables
Even though the most common requests I get for food canning recipes are for tomatoes, green beans, pickles and salsa.. there are lots of other vegetables that can be canned – like radishes, carrots, beets and peppers. Here are a few cool recipes for you to try…
- Super Simple Pickled Radishes by Garden Therapy
- Canning Carrots Recipe by Grow A Good Life
- Pressure Canning Dried Beans by Learning And Yearning
- Tarragon Pickled Beets by Garden Therapy
- Roasted Red Peppers In Wine by An Oregon Cottage
Food Canning Recipes For Fruit
This next list is recipes for canning fruit. So this list is for you if you’re planning on canning fruit preserves, making canned applesauce, or canning jelly (YUM!).
Canning Jelly Recipes (by Grow A Good Life)
Recipes For Home Canning Peaches
- How to Can Honey Lavender Peaches by Town and Country Living
- Spiced Peach Brandy Preserves Recipe by Garden Therapy
Canned Applesauce Recipes
If you want to find more recipes that you can use for canning the food from your garden, then I recommend visiting Fresh Preserving’s website to search for both Ball Canning recipes and Kerr canning recipes.
More Recipes and Food Canning Posts
- Free Printable Canning Labels!
- Preparing Jars For Canning Your Own Food (in 8 easy steps)
- Ball Blue Book Guide To Preserving
- Used Canning Equipment: How To Choose What’s Safe (and what’s not)
- Homemade Liquid Stevia Extract (using stevia from the garden)
Do you can any food from your garden? What are some of your favorite food canning recipes?